Club Champion Program Role – Expression of Interest
As a part of our focus on supporting clubs and the critical work of volunteers, AFL Victoria and AFL Goulburn Murray in partnership with the Victorian State Government, is seeking expressions of interest for the role of Club Champion.
The Club Champions program will deliver additional face to face club support to enhance club management and volunteer support in regional Victoria. The program aims to:
- Provide targeted support to the most vulnerable clubs across regional Victoria as prioritised and directed by the AFL’s regional staffing network.
- Develop initiatives to assist in enhancing the operating capability of a club, including strategic planning, financial management and sponsorship acquisition.
- Assist in dealing with a range of legislative and social issues such as child safe standards, mental health, gender identity, substance abuse and social media use.
The role of a Club Champion will be suited to people who have extensive volunteer experience in local clubs, particularly in key club leadership positions. Other professional skills sets across areas such as business management, finance and marketing are also desirable.
Club Champions will be inducted and trained by AFL Victoria and will be provided with relevant resources and tools to support their work with clubs. Direction will also be provided by the relevant Region General Manager to ensure consistency and support for any Club Champion work. Club Champions will be remunerated for each club engagement, based on an hourly rate to be agreed between the Club Champion and Region General Manager at the time of engagement.
The role includes (but not limited to):
- An initial meeting with the identified club to determine needs and develop scope;
- Develop and agree on the scope of the engagement and outcomes with the relevant Region General Manager;
- Work with intensively with the club for the defined period of the engagement;
- Prepare an evaluation of the work within the club at the end of the engagement (template to be provided).
It should be noted that Club Champions may perform multiple engagements with a variety of clubs over the course of the 12-month period.
Further detail can be obtained by contacting Jamie Macri on 0407 216 719 and written expressions of interest outlining your skills and experience are requested by 30th November 2020 addressed to AFL Goulburn Murray Region General Manager Jamie Macri by email at firstname.lastname@example.org