AFL Goulburn Murray is seeking applicants for the position of Region General Manager (RGM). Based in Shepparton, the successful applicant will be responsible for the development and implementation of the Commission’s Strategic Plan for the growth and sustainability of football in the region.
Employed by the local Commission with the support of AFL Victoria, the RGM will have agreed performance measures, obligations and management responsibilities established collaboratively by both parties.
Written applications should address the following key selection criteria:
• Tertiary qualifications in sports management, business, law or finance
• Demonstrated senior level work experience in sports management, business, law or finance
• Demonstrated leadership capability
• Extensive experience in stakeholder relationship building involving local sporting clubs, community Leagues, business, government or community groups.
• Ability to provide high level strategic and operational advice to the commission High level change management skills
• Highly developed verbal and written communication, presentation and negotiation skills.
• Detailed understanding and sound knowledge of governance best practices.
• Contemporary human resource management capabilities
• Demonstrated organisational management capabilities
• Sound knowledge of football industry current standards and best practice
• Developed IT skills.
• Experience in commercial partnership, sponsorship, marketing or sales management.
• Ability to work flexible hours including nights/weekends and to work well in an autonomous environment.
Position Descriptions can be obtained by contacting AFL Victoria Community Football and Development Manager Stephen O’Donohue (firstname.lastname@example.org). Applications addressed ‘AFL Goulburn Murray – Region General Manager’ close 5pm on Sunday 12 August 2018, and should be directed to Stephen O’Donohue at the above email address.