A host of community football clubs in regional Victoria will welcome the return of the WorkSafe Game of the Month in season 2018.
Introduced with great success in 2003, the WorkSafe Game of the Month has become a flagship event in the football calendar, highlighting the strength of country football and netball and the importance of workplace safety in our communities.
This year is set to be bigger and better than ever, with 10 exciting WorkSafe Games of the Month planned in leagues across the state, with the first event kicking off in the Warrnambool & District Football Netball League on April 22.
WorkSafe AFL Victoria Country partners with Netball Victoria across all Game of the Month events to bring some of football and netball’s biggest names to meet the locals and share their sporting stories, with a host of current day AFL players and netball personalities set to appear in season 2018.
Spectators can once again enjoy the local atmosphere with a host of family-friendly activities including interactive inflatables, face painting and giveaways.
Just as WorkSafe are committed to supporting country football in Victoria, so too are they committed to the vision of making sure every Victorian returns home safely each day.
See below for the 2018 WorkSafe Game of the Month line up:
- Sunday April 22 – Merrivale v Nirranda (Warrnambool & District FNL)
- Sunday April 29 – Dimboola v Horsham Demons (Wimmera FNL)
- Sunday May 27 – Kangaroo Flat v Golden Square (Bendigo FNL)
- Sunday June 3 – Boisdale Briagolong v Stratford (East Gippsland FNL)
- Saturday June 16 – Mallee Eagles v Cohuna Kangas (Central Murray FNL)
- Sunday June 24 – Girgarre v Tallygaroopna (Kyabram District FNL)
- Sunday July 15 – Simpson v South Colac (Colac & District FNL)
- Sunday July 29 – St Mary’s v Lara (Geelong FNL)
- Saturday August 4 – Wahgunyah v Barnawatha (Tallangatta & District FL)
- Sunday August 12 – Lake Wendouree v North Ballarat (Ballarat FNL)